Thousands of BBQ Grills, Grill Parts & Accessories since 1956
The Smoke Pistol Smoke Generator Refills (3 Pack)
* Alder is a mild wood which is very popular in the North West for smoking salmon and other meats. It is one of the most popular smoking woods.
* Apple is a mild flavorful wood used in the North. It is extremely popular for smoked turkey and other fowl.
* Black Walnut is a stronger wood which is used in the North for beef venison and other meat.
* Cherry is a moderate wood and is very popular in the North East and North West. It is used for smoking meats and cold smoking cheese.
* Hickory is the most popular smoking wood. It has a strong flavor and is readily available everywhere. Can be used when smoking anything.
* Maple has a moderate flavor and is used primarily with fish and fowl.
* Mesquite wood is second in popularity to hickory. It imparts a strong smoked flavor and is very popular in the South West.
* Oak is the most popular BBQ wood for the restaurant trade. It has a moderate wood flavor and is available everywhere.
* Pecan is a strong smoking wood. It is mainly used in the South East.