In order to change the battery, replace the spark generator or replace igniter wires on your Alfresco AGBQ (and first generation LX2) Gas Grill you will need to:
- Remove the knobs from the grill
- Remove the Front Control Panel (on the first generation LX2 there was a cooling curtain in the control panel and it lifted up)
- If you are replacing the spark generator, you will have to remove the screws from the bracket
- If you are replacing the battery, you will simply unscrew the battery cap
- The igniter wires plug into the bottom of the spark generator
- If you need to replace the electrodes you will need to remove the cooking grates and briquettes trays. Then unplug the igniter wires from the spark generator and feed the wires through the fire box.